Wednesday, August 02, 2006

 

Info Update 8/01/2006

Hello Cheer Parents!
Our first week of practice was awesome! I am so very proud of the girls for their hard work! They learned a lot just in the first week.

Please remember to check this blogspot for updates, pictures, and other information. It is the primary method for communication and the easiest to maintain so everyone has the exact same information. Click on “Comments” link to post any questions or comments you may have.

Practice Schedule:
We will practice on Tuesdays & Thursdays for the next two weeks (8/01, 8/03, 8/08, & 8/10).
We will NOT have practice during the first week of school. Beginning 8/22, practices will be on Tuesdays only beginning at 6 pm.

Game Schedule:
I am still waiting for confirmation on the game schedule. I will pass that information along to you as soon as I have it.

Fundraising:
We have several upcoming dates for fundraising activities. On Sunday, 09/03 and Saturday, 09/30 we are scheduled to bag groceries at ValuMarket from 10a-4p. Please check your schedules for times you can volunteer. You don’t need to stay the whole day but at least 2 hours per person will help to cover the entire time commitment.

We also did a bake sale at Walgreens this past Saturday from 10a-2p and did very well with $207.70 in donations. Additional dates will be scheduled very soon and I hope some of you can bake goodies and/or work the table! I’ll pass along the dates once we confirm availability with Walgreens management.

I will have fundraising other opportunities throughout the season. Please remember that everyone’s participation in fundraising is necessary so the cheerleaders can be rewarded at the end of the season with a celebration banquet.

Uniforms:
Tammy and I have selected the shoes for the cheerleaders. They are inexpensively priced at $17.87 at Wal-Mart. They are Hanes Sport Cheer Shoes, white with interchangeable color inserts, Model #2570979. Parents are responsible for purchasing the shoes. As of this past weekend, plenty of sizes were available but don’t wait until the last minute to purchase them.




Each cheerleader will need a new pair of socks and a hairbow. We have used uniforms from last year that may fit most of the girls and we will fit each girl this week. I have also provided costs based on purchasing used and new uniforms:

Hairbow: $5.00
Socks: $5.00

Used Uniform:
Skirt, shell, bodysuit, and spankies $55.00

New Uniform:
Skirt and shell $50.00
Bodysuit $18.00
Spankies $7.00
Total $75.00

Please make all checks payable to Tammy Albers. Tammy and I will coordinate payment for the used uniforms to the other parents and will place orders for any new pieces.

Thanks to everyone for their participation…we are glad each of the girls have joined Fern Creek Tigers! As a reminder, I have given mine and Tammy’s contact phone #’s below.

Thanks – Yvette.

Comments:
Tammy-I purchased Hanes Sport cheer shoes Model No. 2570937 at the Bardstown Rd. Walmart. The salesperson told me that was the only type of Hanes cheer shoe that they carry. The model no. you said to purchase was 2570979. What do you think??

Thanks,
Dana
 
Dana - this is Yvette. The shoes should be the correct ones - Evidently the last 2 numbers correspond to the shoe size. Thanks for the follow-up. -Yvette.
 
Tammy or Evette,
I would like to know when the game is and how I can get socks, and hairbow before the game.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?