Thursday, September 14, 2006

 

Updates as of 9/14/06

Hello Cheer Parents:

Thanks to everyone for their participation in the fundraising events for last week and this upcoming Saturday. We raised $213.05 in our fundraisers last weekend. If you have last minute conflicts that prevent you from following through on your commitment for a fundraiser, then please call me so I can make other arrangements to cover for the shortage. I understand that we all experience schedule conflicts but I do appreciate the courtesy phone call to let me know of the change in plans.

We also have other fundraising opportunities in the near future:
1) Bagging groceries at ValuMarket on 09/30.
2) A booth at the Community Festival at ValuMarket on Saturday, 10/14, noon to 9 pm. We will have more discussions later about our plans for fundraising in our booth. This is a long event that also offers us additional exposure in the community and can be well worth the time spent to promote our sport and community involvement.
3) A Texas Hold Em tournament - more information soon on a date and location.

Other important dates to mark on your calendars:
October 7 is Homecoming Day. This is a special day for the cheerleaders with special recognition at half-time.
October 14 is Picture Day. Our official photographer is James Albers, who is Courtney and Chelsea's dad. He does a great job for us every year and has very reasonable package prices.
November 18 is our banquet. More information available later but expect great times with great food, entertainment, and lots of fun!

Our competitive team is performing at JamFest on Saturday, 09/23 at Slugger Field. Admission is free and we would love to see more familiar Fern Creek faces to support the team. I will let you know what time we compete when it publicized on Tuesday, 09/19. Please try to join us - we are very loud and have lots of spirit but we always need more!

I will bring socks to practice on Tuesday, 09/19. I had meant to have them to you before - I forgot them 2 weeks ago and then we were rained out this past Tuesday.

Please let me know if you have any questions - otherwise I will see you on the 19th.
Thanks - Yvette.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?